When We Are Closed



Nhs England

Call 111 when it's a concern, but less urgent than 999.

The NHS non-emergency number.

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.


The local Out of Hours service is contracted by Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board and you can write to them at: Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board, Hampshire Police and Fire Headquarters, Leigh Road, Eastleigh, SO50 9SJ


Urgent Treatment Centre (Southampton)

Urgent Treatment Centres are for non-emergency injuries and illnesses. Getting treated at an UTC helps free up Southampton’s Emergency Department to deal with treatment for those who need it the most. Do not call first, just turn up in person for physical injuries such as cuts, grazes, sprains and small fractures - you do not need an appointment and more often than not you may be treated far quicker than going to A&E.

Royal South Hants Hospital (Urgent Treatment Centre)

Monday - Friday: 7.30am - 10.00pm

Weekends and Bank Holidays: 8.00am - 10.00pm

No appointments required

Based at the Royal South Hants Hospital, Level B, Brintons Terrace, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 OYG

Tel: 0333 999 7613


Accident & Emergency (A&E) Department

A&E departments treat patients with serious injuries or illnesses. You should only visit A&E or call 999 for life-threatening emergencies:

  • loss of consciousness
  • acute confused state and fits that are not stopping
  • persistent, severe chest pain
  • breathing difficulties
  • severe bleeding that cannot be stopped

If you need an ambulance, call 999. A&E Departments are at:

  • Southampton General Hospital, SO16 6YD. Tel: 023 8077 7222
  • Royal Hampshire County Hospital, SO22 5DG. Tel: 01962 863535
  • Royal Bournemouth Hospital, BH7 7DW. Tel: 01202 704169

NHS 111

If you’re Deaf and want to use the phone service, you can use the NHS 111 British Sign Language service available in your country:

You can also call 18001 111 on a textphone.


How NHS 111 works

You answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone.

You can ask for a translator if you need one.

Depending on the situation you’ll:

  • find out what local service can help you
  • be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
  • get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
  • be told how to get any medicine you need
  • get self-care advice

You can also get: